Brenda DyGraf's MiniStrider 360™
PEOPLE SIT ABOUT 10 HOURS EVERY DAY!
NOW turn sitting into healthy activity with the MiniStrider 360
What is “too much” sitting?
We sleep about 8 hours a day, then many of us literally move from chair to chair as we sit, lounge and are generally inactive for about 10 hours a day. For example, many of us move from our home via our car or subway to sit at the office all day, then back in the car to go home, sit while eating dinner, help our kids study and then sit on the couch to watch TV or work on the computer and then return to bed. Increased rates of obesity and disease indicate that our bodies simply aren’t made for this much inactivity.
• Reference: President’s Council on Fitness, Sport & Nutrition, Series 13, Number 3, December 2012 pg.4
THERE’S NEVER BEEN AN EXERCISE PRODUCT THAT’S BEEN SO TIMELY AND EASY TO USE
Whether you’re working on your computer at home or at the office, the MiniStrider’s compact size and patented “Ball & Joint” design makes sitting healthier.
Why is sitting bad for our health?
Sitting or inactivity is sedentary behavior and it plays a role in obesity, which puts us at risk for heart disease, diabetes, stroke, high cholesterol and even some cancers. Additionally, studies report that prolonged sitting time also has an independent relationship with all-cause mortality, adjusting for sex, age, education, urban/rural residence, physical activity, body mass index, smoking status, self-rate health and disability.
*Reference: From the website of the US Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website: https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes/index.html
What are the consequences of overweight and obesity?
Research has shown that as weight increases to reach the levels referred to as “overweight” and “obesity,” the risks for the following conditions also increases:
• Coronary heart disease
• Type 2 diabetes
• Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Dyslipidemia (for example, high total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides)
• Liver and Gallbladder disease
• Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
• Osteoarthritis (a degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint)
• Gynecological problems (abnormal menses, infertility)
CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-407-920-4066